Recipe by MarraMamba
Chef Thomas Keller makes this at the French Laundry restaurant. it is the best schnitzel i have had and that includes in Germany and Austria. The Panko breadcrumbs really make this dish
Top Review by K9 Owned
Schnitzel get frequent flyer miles in my house so of course I had to try this version. We loved it! It is almost identical to the way I make schnitzel but the sauce in this recipe finishes it off perfectly. I did make more sauce than directed as I believe that you can never get too much of a good thing. ;) Made for ZWT6 on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the flour, eggs and panko in three separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the eggs and coat thoroughly with the panko, pressing lightly to adhere.
- In each of 2 large skillets, heat 1/4 cup of the canola oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and cook over moderately high heat until browned and nutty, about 4 minutes. Stir in the capers, lemon juice and parsley; spoon over the chicken and serve.