Recipe by roja khan
This is a unique preparation of cottage cheese cooked on a griddle.Garnish with chopped coriander and ginger juliennes. Serve hot with any bread.
- 250 g cottage cheese, cubed (paneer)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black cumin (shah jeera)
- 1 g carom seeds (ajwain)
- 120 g capsicums, diced
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, juliennes
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the griddle. Add 3 tablespoons oil and fry the cottage cheese to golden.
- then remove cheese and add cumin and splutter. Add the chopped onions and brown. Add ginger and garlic pastes, green chillies, coriander powder, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, salt and carom seeds. Fry on medium heat. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry till the oil surfaces. Mix in the cottage cheese, capsicum, garam masala, black cumin and cook for 5 minutes.