Puffy, fluffy, crispy! This is very loosely based off a "Reader's Quick Recipe" from May 2007's Bon Appetit magazine. I have also made this with 1 1/2 c. flour, 1/4 c. flax, 3 t. baking powder, & 1% milk. Slightly healthier; not as much raving from DH ;-)
- Whisk first six ingredient in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl, then whisk in the butter.
- Stir milk mixture into the dry mixture.
- Add a generous amount of oil or butter to a large nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Drop a 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until brown, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with syrup and butter -- enjoy!
This was delicious and so easy to make! I substituted melted coconut oil for the butter and added blueberries! I will probalby try almond milk with it next time too! Definitely going to add this recipe to my favorites!
I'm completely satisfied with this recipe. Thanks! The only change I made was skim milk instead of whole milk. They turned out tasty and I love the hint of cinnamon and vanilla. I'll definitely make them again. :)
i used honey instead of the sugar and they were very good. thanks for the recipe