Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a version that stems from the Base Recipe for Pan-Seared Shrimp - reference Base Recipe for Pan-Seared Shrimp. Simple, quick and yummy.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Follow "Base recipe for Pan Seared Shrimp" recipe number 316590, EXCEPT, subsitute an equal amount of red pepper flakes for black pepper.
- Add Hoisin mixture when returning first batch of shrimp to skillet.
This is a very tasty dish. The sauce is a perfect blend of flavors. The only thing I found wrong, was having to cross reference another recipe, which meant printing out 2 recipes. It would be 5 stars if all of the instructions and ingredients (amount of shrimp) were posted here. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.