Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Quick and easy pan seared scallops with fresh tomato caper salsa. All ingredients are easily assessable at your grocery store. Recipe submitted for RSC #10
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Review for Fresh Tomato Caper Salsa only: Great salsa topping for ID #288186 (tails removed) served over a bed of fancy greens. Just perfect for a hot summer night. Thanks for posting Andi!
- 8 sea scallops, dry (can sub bay scallops if larger scallops are not available)
- 1 dash cumin, on each scallop
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb grape tomatoes (or cherry)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced (seeded and de-ribbed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub scallops with cumin, salt and pepper. Can sit in refrigerator from 5 minutes or longer up to 2 hours.
- Quarter grape tomatoes, add capers, lemon juice, red onions, jalapeño peppers, brown sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss lightly together in a small bowl.
- Spray a skillet with non cooking spray, over medium heat, melt together butter, oil, and brown sugar.
- Add scallops 4 at a time, searing and browning on one side, turning over at the end of 3 minutes, and brown on second side. Continue with last 4 scallops.
- Place two cooked scallops on each plate, and top with fresh tomato caper salsa.