1/1 Photo of Pan Seared Scallops With Fresh Tomato Caper Salsa
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Quick and easy pan seared scallops with fresh tomato caper salsa. All ingredients are easily assessable at your grocery store. Recipe submitted for RSC #10
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 sea scallops, dry (can sub bay scallops if larger scallops are not available)
- 1/2 lb grape tomatoes (or cherry)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced (seeded and de-ribbed)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1Rub scallops with cumin, salt and pepper. Can sit in refrigerator from 5 minutes or longer up to 2 hours.
- 2Quarter grape tomatoes, add capers, lemon juice, red onions, jalapeño peppers, brown sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss lightly together in a small bowl.
- 3Spray a skillet with non cooking spray, over medium heat, melt together butter, oil, and brown sugar.
- 4Add scallops 4 at a time, searing and browning on one side, turning over at the end of 3 minutes, and brown on second side. Continue with last 4 scallops.
- 5Place two cooked scallops on each plate, and top with fresh tomato caper salsa.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Scallops With Fresh Tomato Caper Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 339.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g