Recipe by Nado2003
I found this in the San Francisco Chronicles. I served it with a pork tenderloin and corn bread. Everything was cooked in 30 minutes. Makes for a quick dinner. Note, the 2 color cabbage makes it look nicer, but you can just use one head of the same color cabbage if that's what you have on hand.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, cut into 4 wedges through the core
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, cut into 4 wedges through the core
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- coarse sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh lemons, juice of or lime juice, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. When very hot but not smoking, place the cabbage wedges, cut side down, into the pain. Cook, undisturbed, about 3 minutes, or until browned. Flip to the other cut side, and cook about 3 minutes more.
- Add the chicken broth, cover the pan, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook about 3 more minutes, until softened.
- Remove to a plate and season generously with coarse salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon/lime juice.