1/7 Photos of Pan-Fried Onion Dip
From The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. This is great for parties. We have really enjoyed this recipe. Great with chips or veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds.
- 2(You will have about 3 cups of onions.) Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
- 5Allow the onions to cool.
- 6Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- 7Add the onions and mix well.
- 8Taste for seasonings.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: