Take a Big Bite French Onion Dip
This is made with sweet onion, cooked until they carmalize and mixed with sour cream and mayo. Good stuff! Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri for Food Network Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 vidalia onions, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces (or other sweet onions)
- 2 large shallots, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- potato chips and tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
- Now add the shallots and saute for 8 to 10 more minutes, until the onions and shallots are dark brown.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fold in the onion mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Garnish with chives and serve with potato chips or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation