Roasted Eggplant Spread from Ina Garten
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Tasty stuff. Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten and Food Network.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and add the lemon juice, tahini, and pulse 3 to 4 times to blend.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the chopped parsley.
- Garnish with extra parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION