Garlic Roasted Potatoes (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
This recipe is from Ina Garten's book "Barefoot Contessa Parties!" They are flavorful and easy, although I increase the pepper. Per Ina's suggestion in the book, I make the full amount just for me & DH, and use the leftover potatoes to make potato soup. Yum! *Note= You will need a very large baking sheet; I divide the potatoes between a medium sheet and a cast-iron skillet, and the potatoes cook faster in the skillet - so watch your cooking time if you use a cast-iron skillet OR if you cut the potatoes pretty small
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cut potatoes in halves or quarters, leaving skins on. Place them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic; toss until potatoes are well-coated.
- Spray a large baking sheet well with cooking spray.
- Dump potatoes onto baking sheet and spread into one layer.
- Roast for at least an hour, until brown & crisp, TURNING them twice with a spatula during cooking so they will brown evenly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Had in mind your tip on the potato soup when I made a full batch of these for the 2 of us, but then, what with munching & snacking on the leftovers, there wasn't much for making the soup! Still, these potatoes make for delightful eating whether the first time around or the second! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
Wonderful recipe!!! I used 2 pds - small white potatoes, sliced each into four pieces and mixed with minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil. I added plenty of salt and pepper. I baked for the full hour - flipped twice. I used a sheet pan, no foil, Once baked, I did add shaved parmesan. The potatoes were tender in the inside and crispy on the outside, with plenty of favor. A great Barefoot Contessa side!!