Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This was taken from one of my favorite cookbooks, Miserly Meals! It is the only way we eat fish now!! If you like spicy, you will love this.
- 2 lbs fish (catfish, talapia, salmon, halibut, or red snapper)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine all spices on a plate.
- melt butter in a skillet.
- coat fish with spices.
- cook fillets in melted butter, about 3 min on each side.
Used this recipe with mahi mahi and it was excellent! Spicy but not overly spicy. We will be using this recipe many times in the future.
Very easy and great taste. I thought it was a little spicy but my DH loved it. Will definitely be making this again. I used flounder. Next time I'm going to try it on salmon. Thanks for sharing!
So you make this often. Perhaps you should probably give me your home address.