Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
As posted in Ontario Out of Doors Magazine. I finally got around to trying this and its really a nice change from ordinary bread crumbs. I crushed the pretzels leaving them in small bits instead of pulsing to a fine powder. Used perch fillets and this was enjoyed by everyone in the family. Will definitely make again
- 4 cups salted pretzels
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (1 can)
- 3 tablespoons beer or 3 tablespoons club soda
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sunfish perch or 2 1⁄4 lbs other fillets, skin removed
- olive oil
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- Place pretzels in a food processor until powdery or use rolling pin to crush them in a large food-storage bag.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine eggs, evaporated milk, and beer.
- Dip fillets one at a time into egg mixture.
- Then place each into pretzel powder bag.
- Shake to coat fish.
- In 12-inch skillet heat 1/8 inch of oil over medium heat.
- Add fillets.
- Fry for 3-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning over once.
- Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with lemon wedges.