Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this dish in december ;)
Make and share this Pan de Jamon (ham bread) recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix the water and the sugar; add the yeast and let stand for 15 minutes until it has a "head".
- Add the butter to the warm milk, the sugar and the salt.
- Pour the milk onto the flour, mix and add the yeast.
- Make a dough and knead for 15 minutes.
- Beat down on a table and put in an oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Set aside for an hour.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Coat with butter.
- Arange the ham, bacon, olives and the raisins (except for a small part at the end, so you can seal the bread up).
- Roll it up like a swiss roll and brush the"tongue" with some egg to seal it.
- Bake at 350° F for 3/4 of an hour.
- Serve cool.
- Can be kept in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Sprinkle with water and heat up on a low heat before serving.
Great recipe. It just forgot the capers (alcaparras).
It's excellent but the for first timer, they need to specify how many breads you can get for this amount of dough. If these help in anyway I did six
I made this last Christmas and it was almost as good as the pan de jammon I had eaten the previous Christmas in Venezuela. Although in Venezuela this is a Christmas food, I will be making it all year round.