Pan De Muertos ( Day of the Dead Bread)
photo by Rachel Lynn
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the 4 1/2 cups of flour.
- In small pan, heat the milk, the water, and the butter.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
- Beat well.
- Mix in the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Beat well.
- Put in rest of flour, little by little.
- Knead the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Put dough in bowl and allow to rise until has doubled in size, or about an hour and a half.
- Punch dough down and reshape it with some "bone" shapes on top to decorate it.
- Let rise another hour.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar and the 1/3 orange juice over stove until melted.
- Brush over dough.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OK After Rachel contacted me and told me that weather could affect the outcome of the bread I realized I was baking this bread during Hurricane Sandy! Guess what? I tried the recipe again and it came out great!!!!<br/>Thank you Rachel for your help...you are so nice to contact me. <br/>This recipe is great!!