Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Salads, especially summer fruit salads don't have to be complicated to taste good. I added strawberries, cantaloupe and 'juan canary' melon for persian. Used up my last peach this morning unfortunately. Next time for sure! Lovely! Reviewed for ZWT Family Picks.
- 1 medium persian melon (or 2 small cantaloupes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium peaches, ripe but still firm, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- ice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut melon in half and remove seeds and stringy pulp.
- Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out as many melon balls as possible.
- Put melon balls in deep bowl.
- Pour any juice from shells over melon balls, and discard shells.
- Toss with salt.
- Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve in individual dishes.
- Top with crushed or shaved ice if desired.