Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy Indian starter; very good to take to buffets.
Make and share this Pakora recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cumin powder, coriander, chili, curry powder, garlic, onion, potato, flour, salt and pepper, ginger powder, ketchup, and chopped chives with enough water to make a thick batter.
- If you like it hot use more chili or hot chili sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok; place spoonfuls of the mixture until puffed up and crispy.
- Turn over if the oil is shallow.
- This mixture can be played with to suit your tastes.
This makes an excellent pakora batter. I am giving it five stars because my whole family loved it! I made it thin almost like a pancake batter, left out the onions, then dipped sliced eggplant and thinly sliced potatoes into it and deep fried - almost any vegetable would be good, in my opinion. Be liberal with the spices, especially the curry, salt and pepper - where the recipe specifies chili, I used chili powder, and sprinkled the finished product with salt and chili powder hot out of the fryer. I also made a test piece and seasoned the batter accordingly before making the rest of it. This is a definite keeper at my house - thanks bevs!!