Recipe by sweetpeaches77
An amazingly delicious white cookie with a soft blanket of sweet coconut. This is a favourite of my whole family since I was a little girl. I brought this recipe into my grade for teacher for a class recipe book and her and all the students tried it and loved it.
Top Review by mums the word
These cookies are a nice change from the usual chocolate chip variety. The batter goes together very nicely and they taste so good. I like that there is a soft texture and yet the rice krispies add crunch too. I would say the "yield" needs to be corrected to 36-45 cookies, as I rolled the balls about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter and ended up with 45 nicely sized cookies. Thx sweetpeaches - Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (sometimes knows as creamoline)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut (colored coconut makes it more fun ( p)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sugars, margarine, oil, vanilla and egg well.
- add flour and other dry ingredients and mix.
- add rice krispies, oatmeal, and coconut.
- mix well.
- roll in balls and press with for (make sure fork is dipped in either butter or flour before each press.).
- bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.