Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a 2004 issue of 'delicious' magazine. I've yet to make it, but it looks very tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 200 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 500 g mussels, cleaned, de-bearded
- 100 g ham, shredded
- Heat oil in a large frypan, add chorizo and cook over medium heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until crisp.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add rice, paprika, saffron, tomato and stock. Turn heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add quartered artichokes, peas, mussels and ham. Cook, stirring to prevent paella from catching, for a further 5-6 minutes or until mussels open (discard any that have not).
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.