Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful sauce for oysters, can also be used with cooked chilled shrimp-nice change from regular shrimp cocktail sauce.
- 12 oysters or 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 fresh thai small chilies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place the garlic, chilies and sugar and ginger in a mortar and pound into a paste. (You can also chop by hand.) Transfer to a small bowl and add the fish sauce, lime juice and water. Stir well to combine.
- Set aside for 15 minutes before serving. Drizzle over oysters or shrimp.
if you have a cold this is the dish for you lol its carrying some heat , i loved it with shrimp