Oyster Crackin's (Ranch Crackers Snack)
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (11 ounce) box oyster crackers
- 1 (1 ounce) package original hidden valley ranch dressing mix (unprepared)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Mix oil, dressing mix and cheese in a large bowl, add crackers and mix well.
- Let stand a couple hours, stirring occasionally.
- Will store a couple of weeks covered.
I made these for a New Year's Eve party and everyone loved them...the parmesan cheese is a nice variation from the normal oyster cracker recipe. I reduced the oil a bit and added a dash of black pepper and a tsp of garlic powder. Then, I baked in a 300 degree oven for a few minutes to speed the drying time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.