Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple yet delicious. Use your favorite chicken parts in place of a whole chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce (oyster flavored sauce)
- 4 tablespoons thick soy sauce (or a combination of the two) or 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce (or a combination of the two)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauces, and sugar.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and combine with the marinade.
- Let the chicken stand for 10 - 15 minutes if desired.
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat in a skillet or preheated wok.
- Brown the ginger in the oil (this takes about 2 minutes).
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the chicken (remove the chicken from the bowl with a slotted spoon, discarding any excess marinade).
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for 10 minutes, turning over halfway between cooking.
- Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Cook the chicken for 6 to 8 more minutes, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through.
- Serve hot.