Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a church cookbook from Chestertown Maryland. I made these last night and they were great.
- Comine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in milk to make batter.
- Add drained oysters and coat thoroughly.
- Fill fry pan with oil to depth of 1-1 1/2 inches.
- Remove oysters with fork and drop into hot oil.
- Fry on bothg sides to golden brown.
This is one of the best puff recipes around. this came from the women of the eastern shore of Maryland. they use this recipe for their Oyster Roast and the people keep coming back for more.