Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
a nice breakfast cooked overnight ready for the next morning.
- 7 cups small cubed French bread, bottom crusts removed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- additional maple syrup, if needed
- Place cubed bread in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and gently press down. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy and gradually mix in whipping cream, and syrup.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and fold into the cream cheese-whipping cream mixture.
- Very slowly, pour mixture, evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes, or until center is set, and top is golden brown.
- Cut into squares, and serve with maple syrup.
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet, I have made this every year for the past 3 years at Christmas. My husband requests me to make it and its so nice to be able to get up Christmas morning and just pop it right in the oven. Thanks for the great recipe!
I, too, like the fact you put it together the night before. This would be great for Christmas morning. Made for Football Pool 2012.
Very easy to make, and I love the fact that you put it together the night before. I couldn't find French bread, so I used Italian bread and left the crust on. The next morning I was treated to a lovely breakfast, and all I had to do was pop it in the oven. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Tag Game.