Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
The original version came from Cuisine at Home. This is a truly easy side dish that is great for company. It goes wonderfully with roasted meat or chicken. Prep time includes 20 minutes resting time prior to roasting.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all of the potato chunks, bring water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, and boil for 2 minutes. You are not trying to cook the potatoes through at this point.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Be generous with the salt, or the potatoes will be bland.
- Drain the potatoes well, and add to the oil and garlic mixture.
- Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Cover bowl, and let sit for at least 20 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place potato mixture in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with a spatula.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Check seasonings, and add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
I loved this as did my guest who ate most of the taters. This got rave reviews. I have tried another recipe like this and it tasted great but the cooking method on this recipe made the difference and was much faster and a much more crisp tater. This is my go to for this now. Thanks!
Loved these potatoes!!! Soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. I, too, added about a teaspoon or so of dijon mustard to the marinade, and I thought it was wonderful! I make these often. So nice to be able to get everything ready when entertaining and then just put in the oven.
Thank you for this simple recipe! Instead of boiling the patatoes in the beginning we put them in the microwave. It was very tasty!