Recipe by Debbwl
A nice roasted cabbage that becomes a warm salad when using the balsamic vinegar option. **Two cutting options provided both tend to want to separate just because it is cabbage.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
So I tried this recipe thinking I'd give cabbage another chance - and I'm glad I did! Roasting is definitely the way to go with cabbage and the balsamic makes it even better. Why don't more people know about this? I cut it in wedges but next time I think I'll cut in circles to make for a more even roasting/seasoning. Thanks for the post!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- **Cutting option 1- Quarter cabbage through core and cut each quarter in to 1-inch wedges, leaving core intact. You'll have about 16 wedges.
- **Cutting option 2- Slice into 1-inch-thick rounds, leaving core in to help hold it together.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange cabbage in single layer on baking sheet and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle hot cabbage with balsamic vinegar if using.