Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Food & Wine 1998.
Make and share this Oven Roasted Butternut Squash With Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the oil in a large metal baking dish.
- Add the squash, onions, thyme, nutmeg and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the squash and onions are tender and lightly browned. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and set the pan over high heat.
- Add the Marsala and cook until reduced to a glaze, about 15 minutes.
- Pour the Marsala over the vegetables, sprinkle with the parsley and toss well. Keep warm until serving.
This was really good! I made it as a side to Mean Chef's Chicken With Marsala, Mushrooms and Gorgonzola 81675. I ended up roasting the squash and onion/spices on a baking sheet and then boiling the marsala in a sauce pan, instead of using the same pan for everything. Also, I used about 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg because I didn't have fresh. Other than that, I made no changes to the ingredients. My veggies had to roast about 35-40 minutes before they were lightly browned. Also, watch the marsala reduction closely---mine didn't need the full 15 minutes to turn to glaze and ended up burning and I had to start over with the marsala, carefully watching and stirring the second time--about 10-12 minutes. I enjoyed this recipe and think it would be very complimentary to most marsala chicken recipes. Thanks!