Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lighter take on the Gilroy Garlic Fries.
Make and share this Oven Garlic Fries recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 lbs russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 3 x 1/3 x 1/3-inch batons
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Toss potatoes with 2 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes, turning occasionally, until browned and tender, about 30 minutes. Increase heat to 500°F Continue roasting until fries are deep brown in spots, about 5 more minutes.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 tablespoons oil, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl. Add hot fries, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Yum Yum. These fries were enjoyed with BBQ shredded beef sandwiches. I loved the crispy, brown outside and soft interior. My family loves garlic, so these were a big hit.
We love Gilroy Garlic Fries and your lightened up version did not disappoint. We really appreciated that these were not as oily as the ones we have had in years past. I forgot to whisk the parsley into oil and garlic so just sprinkled on top. Thanks for the yummy post.
These were great! Less oily than I thought they would be and cooked much faster than I expected. I've never had Gilroy fries, so don't know how they compare, but I really enjoyed them! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.