Basil Garlic Oven Fries
Oven fries with the fresh taste of basil, black pepper and lemon and, of course, gorgeous garlic. Great with french roast chicken or farm fresh eggs lightly fried in virgin olive oil - oh my
- Ready In:
- 6 medium floury potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- oil, for greasing oven pan
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and lemon juice in pestle and mortar and blend well into a paste, pepper should be like cracked pepper.
- Blend olive oil and basil well in a liquidiser.
- Mix paste and basil oil together in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes to this mix, turn until well coated and leave in mixture until needed ( no more than 4 hours).
- When ready to cook, grease a heavy baking tray with olive oil and tip potatoes and marinade into pan.
- Cook in preheated oven mark 180 degrees C for approx 50 mins or until cooked through and edges crispy (time will depend on thickness of potatoes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION