Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There is a lot of butter in this recipe, but the fish is not at all greasy. People who hate fish love this recipe. I've had the recipe more than 30 years, and don't remember where I got it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in small skillet, and saute garlic a few minutes to take sharp edge off. Do not brown.
- Take off heat.
- Mix crumbs with herbs, cheese, and pepper.
- Starting with fish skin side up, brush each filet with melted butter and garlic.
- Then sprinkle with a little of the lemon or lime pepper.
- Then sprinkle with the crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the fish lightly, then turn over.
- Repeat process with other side of filets.
- Using an egg turner to avoid losing any crumbs, pick filets up and place in pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes without turning, or until fish is flaky and done.
- I like food spicy, so I use 3 cloves of garlic, and at least a tablespoon of herbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges.