Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk or 1/4 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crumbled or 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)
- 1 lemon, fresh, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly.
- Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs.
- Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!