Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty chicken and rice dish from Trinidad.
Make and share this Oven Cooked Chicken Pelau recipe from Food.com.
- 1133.98 g chicken
- fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml crushed garlic
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml crushed black pepper
- fresh parsley
- 473.18 ml rice
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 382.71 g can coconut milk
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml sugar
- Marinade chicken w/ thyme, soy sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, ketchup, Worceestershire sauce, and garlic at least one hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan. Add sugar and stir until caramelized. Add chicken and thoroughly coat with sugar and sear on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to dutch oven or pot, add rice, stock, coconut milk, onion, cover, and place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until rice is fluffy and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. If rice is still crunchy add a little bit of water and let it cook some more.