Pineapple Jerk Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups pineapple, fresh cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 12 ounces Caribbean jerk marinade, brand of your choice
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Add marinade and chicken pieces together in a ziplock bag and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet heat 2 TBS oil over medium heat. Add the onion, and all peppers and cook until until onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a bowl.
- Use same skillet and increase heat to med-high. Add chicken pieces, discarding any left over marinade, and cook until browned, 5 - 7 minutes. Add the pineapple, pepper/onion mixture and black beans and simmer just until heated through 2 - 3 minutes. Add cilantro, cook about 1 more minute.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of 2 teenageboys - 17 and 19 years old. The youngest one will try anything and likes almost everything. The oldest one tries very few things and likes even less.