Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe originally came from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. My mom and grandma have been making it since I can remember. Don't skip the onion on top, even if you don't like onion; it's a subtle addition that makes the meat really yummy.
- Salt ribs and place in a shallow pan meaty side up.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 30 minute.
- Drain fat from pan.
- Top each piece of meat with a slice of onion and lemon.
- Make Basting Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over ribs.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake until well done, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Baste ribs with sauce every 15 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, add a little water.
- **really good served with baked potato and green salad.
My mother-in-law introduced my husband and I to this recipe. We really enjoy the flavor and the meat is so tender. We get two racks of ribs and have the butcher remove the membrane and slice the racks into individual ribs. We also spend a couple buck and get a disposable roasting pan. These things make it all easy-peasy. Lastly, we double the sauce and are liberal with the hot sauce and it still doesn't end up spicy hot, just flavorful.