Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Oven-Baked Sicilian Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- hot cooked spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, cheese, onion, basil, pine nuts, currants, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add in sausage; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 24 meatballs; place meatballs in a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink; drain off fat; serve with hot cooked spaghetti or if preparing as OAMC, cool meatballs.
- OAMC-line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper; transfer meatballs to the prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm; place meatballs in a freezer bag.
- Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to your dish of choice until heated through.