Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 5 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh, peeled ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine clam juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and coriander in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Scatter coleslaw mix over bottom of a 12x9 inch baking dish.
- Neatly arrange salmon fillets skin side down over vegetables.
- Pour the broth over salmon.
- Loosely cover baking dish with alumnium foil, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through and flakes easily.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer each salmon fillet into a shallow soup bowl.
- Circle each serving with a portion of vegetables, and top with broth.
- Garnish with cilantro, scallions and sesame oil.
This was a great recipe and hit with my family!
I served this on xmas day to friends. All wanted the recipe. So good and serves very well chef sharron cant
This was far better than the list of ingredients suggested! I didn't have enough clam juice, so I subbed some water there. I also felt the dish needed a little more soy sauce. Next time, I might add some slivered fresh chiles to the garnish. Will also remove skin from fish right before plating. Really delicious soup!!