1/3 Photos of Oven Baked Fish and Chips
From Family Circle, UK. A healthy version of the British staple. Serve with mushy peas for a real English meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed, and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25 g fine cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 700 g skinless boneless haddock fillets or 700 g cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Breheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius Blanch potatoes by putting them in a large pan of salted water and bring to boil. Drain well.
- 2Tip potatoes in a shallow baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and mix until evenly coated with oil. Arrange wedges in single layer, sprinkle with salt. Cook 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare the fish. Mix together the breadcrumbs, cornmeal, and paprika in a bowl. Dip haddock or cod fillets into the flour, shake well to remove excess, then into egg white, and finally into the crum mixture until evenly coated.
- 4Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cook 12-15 minutes until cooked through and golden. Serve with chips.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 276.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 40.9 g