Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for an appetizer or as a main course.
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Spread crushed cornflakes in a shallow baking pan.
- Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, seasoning, cayenne and egg yolk.
- Add crab meat.
- S& p to taste.
- Divide crab cake mixture into 10 equal piles and form slightly flattened cakes.
- Turn cakes over in crushed corn flakes until covered.
- Cover pan w/ plastic, transfer cakes to pan and cover with more plastic wrap.
- Chill 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer crab cakes to a large greased baking sheet.
- Put about 1/2 teaspoon butter on each crab cake.
- Bake around 15 minutes.
- Cakes should be golden brown.
We inhaled these like Sqidward in "Sponge Bob Sqare Pants (the episode where he discovers how tasty the crab cakes are). Thanks for a great recipe!
Hi Aroostook; The spices were to perfection and I loved the cornflakes coating. A very easy recipe to make. Thank you so much for sharing, they were awesome. Will make them again for the BIG football game. "Uncle Bill"
These crab cakes are amazing. The best thing about them is they aren't fried, so no messy grease splatters to clean up. They had a wonderful golden crunchy coating and we ate them all until they were gone. Seasoned to perfection. Thanks for a recipe we will use regularly.