Crabs - Garlic Butter Baked Crab Legs
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs king crab legs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1⁄2 head garlic, about 5 garlic cloves, minced pressed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt (optional)
- dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, grab yourself a small saucepan. On med low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic (I prefer a press) and LIGHTLY saute. Squeeze in the juice of the citrus of choice. If using a lemon, squeeze the juice into your hands so that you can remove the seeds with ease. Turn the heat to low and let those flavors mesh until the oven is nice and hot. Toss in as much salt (to taste) and a couple pinches of parsley. Then whisk in that olive oil with a fork. Turn off your burner.
- Arrange your tasty crustaceans in a 9x13 baking dish, brushing each leg with the sauce. ***TASTY TIP*** I use an injector to pop a *little* extra UMPH into my crabs. Pour any remaining sauce over those puppies. Now toss the pan into the oven on the center rack.
- Bake your crabs for about 25 minutes or so (depending on how thick the legs you have are), brushing the sauce from the bottom of the pan onto the legs every 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with a few pinches o' parsley for garnish.
- I am a lazy gal, detest doing more dishes than I have to, and am a firm believer in the "waste not, want not" phrase. With that said, I just serve the crab in the same dish I baked it in so I can dip the meat into the tasty sauce, savoring every last drop. If you are the opposite, use tongs and place them on a platter and pour the buttery-goodness into ramekins. VOILA! Crab House comparable delicacy! "Ohhhh my CRAAAABS!
Join The Conversation
I’ve made this recipe a handful of times over the last couple years and it always turns out awesome. I use kitchen shears to cut lengthwise down the legs/ claws to allow all of the garlicky-lemony-buttery goodness to penetrate inside but don’t change a thing otherwise. Everyone I’ve served this recipe to has loved them!