1/1 Photo of Oven Baked Country Ribs With Gravy
1 hr 20 mins
This is a very economical recipe that I came up with out of sheer boredom. Country ribs are always on sale and because of that, I buy them often, but we got tired of BBQ ribs fast! I used very lean, boneless ribs and they came out flavorful and fork tender. I made the entire recipe in my cast iron skillet, but you can also bake it in a casserole dish. As always, this is a base recipe. Feel free to adapt to your family's tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 country ribs
- 1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Dredge in flour sage, salt and pepper mixture.
- 3Heat oil and butter in a medium high fry pan.
- 4Add ribs and brown on all sides, then remove from pan.
- 5Lower heat and brown onions and garlic lightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Add soup, broth, water and Kitchen Bouquet, stir to combine.
- 7Add ribs back to pan and spoon soup mixture over meat.
- 8Bake covered for 35 minutes then flip ribs and check thickness of gravy, add more liquid at this point if necessary.
- 9Continue baking, covered another 20 to 30 minutes, until ribs are fork tender This last step may take longer, depending on the size of your ribs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Baked Country Ribs With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: