Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is just what the title says it is---so good. You use a cake mix so it is fairly easy to make and most of the things you might have on hand. I use whatever cake mix I have.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄3 cups water (see back of box for water amount)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions on box for a 9x13 pan using the water, oil, and eggs in the boxed mix.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then pierce the top of the cake with a fork.
- Pour the undrained pineapple over the baked layer.
- Mix the milk, pudding mix, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another medium mixing bowl beat the cream cheese at high speed till light and fluffy.
- Add the pudding mixture to this beating till smooth.
- Spread over the prepared layers.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and pecans.
- Chill covered for several hours.
I love anything with pineapple in it and this cake was Out Of This World! It's refreshing and not overly sweet, which allows you to have a big piece!
You can't go wrong with this cake Mimi! The family thought it was awesome and every last drop was eaten. My DS even spooned up the crumbs and ate them! Good to the last drop I say :)
Excellent! So moist and delicious. It was gone in no time!