Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Nora Pouillon, this salad pairs beautifully with grilled shrimp, seared tuna or other fish or seafood.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet until lightly colored. Cool.
- Add the spinach to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes until wilted.
- Have an ice bath ready.
- Drain the spinach in a colander, shock in the ice bath (to retain color of spinach), then drain again.
- Squeeze dry and place in a bowl.
- Mix the cooked spinach with the soy sauce, mirin and sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.
This was easy and good.
This was delightful and a lovely accompaniment to an Asian salmon feast we had tonight. The sesame seeds are key and should not be left out (as I expect is each ingredient in this short-but-sweet recipe).
I've made this twice and it's so delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!