- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lb spinach, well washed and large stems removed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mirin
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet until lightly colored. Cool.
- Add the spinach to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes until wilted.
- Have an ice bath ready.
- Drain the spinach in a colander, shock in the ice bath (to retain color of spinach), then drain again.
- Squeeze dry and place in a bowl.
- Mix the cooked spinach with the soy sauce, mirin and sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.