1/5 Photos of Orzo With Tomatoes, Feta, and Green Onions
Susie D's Note:
This is a colorful salad and would be a good fit for a potluck or summer gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 cups mixed red and yellow pear tomatoes or 1 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (7 ounce) package feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives (or kalameta, sliced)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until it emulsifies. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.).
- 2Bring water and broth to boil in large heavy saucepan. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially, and boil until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to large wide bowl, tossing frequently until cool.
- 3Mix tomatoes, feta, basil, olives, and green onions into orzo. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add pine nuts right before serving; toss. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Tomatoes, Feta, and Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 560.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g