Recipe by Susie D
This is a colorful salad and would be a good fit for a potluck or summer gathering.
Top Review by Maito
A tasty dinner. All of the ingredients went very well together. I did use the Kalamatas and omitted the honey (personal preference). The feta gives this such a nice punch, and the pine nuts add a little something extra to it.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 cups mixed red and yellow pear tomatoes or 1 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (7 ounce) package feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (or kalameta, sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until it emulsifies. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Bring water and broth to boil in large heavy saucepan. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially, and boil until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to large wide bowl, tossing frequently until cool.
- Mix tomatoes, feta, basil, olives, and green onions into orzo. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pine nuts right before serving; toss. Garnish with fresh parsley.