Recipe by ilenek
A good alternative to rice, and a nice side dish, especially with chicken or fish.
Top Review by Tamaretta
I thought this was very tasty! I ate it for my main dish, the rest of the family as a side. I agree with the previous poster that this barely makes 3 servings. I would double it next time! I also added pine nuts just because. Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cleaned,packed,and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick saucepan.
- Add the olive oil, then add the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, half the broth, and the vinegar; cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid evaporates, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the orzo, cheese, the remaining broth, and the pepper.