Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe Courtesy of 101 Cookbooks. For some added flavor, or to take this soup in another direction, toss the tomatoes with somewhere between a teaspoon + of adobo sauce (from can of chipotles)....more or less depending on how spicy you like your food.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the orzo and cook until just tender - about ten minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach.
- In the meantime, heat the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a separate saucepan. Taste, and salt a bit if needed.
- Just before serving, Slowly pour the egg whites into the soup, stirring quickly with a whisk. The whites should take on a raggy appearance.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve the soup in individual bowls, with each serving topped with a generous spoonful of tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, and dusting of cheese.