Found this on foodnetwork.com and it is courtesy of Michele Urvater. We make rice and shrimp every few weeks, so I decided that perhaps we should use orzo and voila! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, steeped in
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 3/4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, chopped (fresh is best!)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons scallions (green part only)
- 1Saute the shallots in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Saute garlic & red pepper flakes an additional 30 seconds to a minute. (Be careful not to burn).
- 3Add the steeped saffron in white wine and evaporate.
- 4Add the orzo and saute just enough to coat the pasta kernels.
- 5Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and cook until the pasta has absorbed the broth, and is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in the shrimp, cover and steep just long enough for the shrimp to gently warm through.
- 7Season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper; garnish with parsley and scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo & Shrimp Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g