Chef #284771's Note:
Looks much more difficult than it really is. Very elegant and easy to make,and such wonderful flavor! Flexible recipe, you can substitute chicken, scallops, crab, or even tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.When slightly cooled cut into 1 inch lengths.
- 2Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- 3Melt the butter in a medium skillet over fairly high heat and then reduce heat and brown the butter.
- 4Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until pink and curled. (about 1 minute per side) Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and add to the asparagus. Reserve the skillet with the butter in it.
- 5Drain the orzo, saving 1/4 cup of the water. Return it to the saucepan and add the browned butter from the skillet.
- 6Set the skillet back over high heat and add the chicken broth, scraping up the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- 7Pour the stock and the reserved cooking water over the orzo and cook over moderate heat, stirring until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 8stir in the asparagus and shrimp and heat through. Remove from heat, stir in the parsley and 1/2 cup of the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve with additional parmesan sprinkled over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Risotto With Buttery Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.9
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 731.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g