This is a great recipe for potlucks--which is where I got the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled seasoned feta cheese (such as basil and tomato, about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1Cook orzo in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- 3Transfer to large bowl.
- 4Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5Add crumbled feta cheese, chopped bell peppers, Kalamata olives, green onions and capers.
- 6Combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard and cumin in small bowl.
- 7Gradually whisk in remaining 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 8Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Add dressing to orzo mixture and toss to blend.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11(Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- 12Garnish salad with pine nuts; serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 386.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar