Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for picnics! This salad can be made up to a day in advance.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crushed into bite size pieces (seasoning packet reserved)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesshredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 seasoning, packets (Ramen)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (or honey can be subsituted)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add Ramen noodles and sliced almonds. Toast through until light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Add shredded cabbage, chicken, green onions, and ramen/almond mixture to large bowl.
- Pour sauce over cabbage mixture and toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
This is an excellent ramen salad. My dh and 15 y/o ds loved it, and ds can be picky. Its Very quick, I almost always have everything on hand. I experimented with frozen salad shrimp and pollock and it was just as great as with chicken. Thanks for such a handy delicious salad. Can easily be a meal in itself on a hot night.