Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice switch for the bean, make it as mild or as hot as you want. You can make this a veggie dish with a Chinese meal but I can assure you it has not seen China
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- crushed red pepper flakes (, mild is just a sprinkle)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted,garnish
- Steam beans for only a few minutes, you want them crisp.
- Dash beans in cold water to stop the cooking (do this the day ahead if you wish) Heat the oils and saute,over low heat, the garlic& ginger until you can smell that wonderful aroma (the garlic will be golden) Add beans, pepper flakes,soy and water.
- Cover cook over high heat for a few minutes until the water evaporates and the oils have coated the beans and they are hot Shake the pan as the beans cook.
- Garnish with sesame seed.
This was an extremely good dish. I substituted canned green beans and it still came out great. I served it as a side dish with #30433 Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein and got raves.
I've never tasted green beans this good, my only regret was not having more!
These beans are fantastic! I left out the vegetable oil and just used the sesame oil. Great flavour and a new favourite.