Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have had this recipe for thirty years. I seldom have frozen asparagus on hand so I always substitute broccoli in its place. You may add as much chicken as you like.
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken (or more)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus (I use chopped broccoli)
- 1 (3 ounce) can chinese noodles (chow mein)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- Use liquid from mushrooms and add water till it makes 1/2 cup.
- Mix this with all other ingredients (except cheese).
- Spread in 2 quart casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.